What Should I Know as a Consumer
We are committed to providing the public with helpful information and experienced guidance, whether it's at time of need or when planning funeral preferences in advance. We hope the following pages will help provide the knowledge you need to make informed decisions.
Unfortunately, because of the actions of a few, the funeral service profession has received attention for wrongdoing and charges of fraud. And consumers need to be aware of the criminal and unethical practices some providers may use and that consumers may face when planning a funeral. As a result, consumers should ask the following questions:
- How reputable is the Funeral Home I am considering?
- Does this business operate with strong consumer standards?
- What are my rights as a consumer?
- How do I know if I am being offered a fair price?
- How can I ensure the best care for my loved one?
- How do government regulations protect me?